EE’s Spectrum Auction Statement
- EE strengthens 4G leadership, securing its position as the operator with the most spectrum in the UK, providing long-term sustainability
- EE customers to benefit from widest and most capable spectrum portfolio in the UK market
- EE already delivering 4G services to almost half the UK population – new spectrum to complement existing roll-out
Olaf Swantee, Chief Executive of EE, said:
"EE is extremely pleased with the outcome of the spectrum auction. Coupled with our existing 1800MHz 4G network, it consolidates our position as the most advanced, largest and most capable 4G operator in the UK.
“The acquisition of low and high frequency spectrum allows us to boost our superfast data services and coverage - indoors and outdoors, in cities and the countryside.
“This result means that we are perfectly placed to meet future data capacity demands - further enhancing the superfast 4G services we already offer the UK’s consumers and businesses.
“We look forward to continuing the rollout of the nation’s fastest mobile internet services.”
Notes to editors:
- EE confirms that it has won 2x5MHz 800MHz and 2x35MHz of 2.6GHz, at a price of £588,876,000
- This makes the total share of spectrum holdings in the UK:
- EE 36% (2x5MHz 800MHz; 2x45 1800MHz; 2x20 2.1GHz; 2x35 2.6GHz FDD)
- Vodafone 28%
- O2 15%
- H3G 12%
- BT 9%
- EE reiterates its commitment to its financial policy of achieving, in the medium term, a net debt to EBITDA ratio below 1.75 to 2x
EE Press Office
0845 373 7070